Saturday, January 06, 2007

A New Year!

So, we are in to a new year. P and I both turn 40 this year. I never thought it would be that much of a milestone, but it really does feel different to be coming up to a new decade in life. P's birthday is before mine, so he will be 40 six months earlier than I will be!!

We spent Christmas with my parents and my brother and his wife and son. On the last night we were there, my brother's best friend from high school and his wife and daughter came over for dinner. It was really strange realizing that my brother, his friend, and I have known each other for almost 30 years. I still remember that I liked N more than any of my brother's other friends. He was the one who was nice to me!

But, now, we were all there with our spouses and kids. It was kind of strange to remember being in that same room 22 years ago when I was about to graduate from high school. And then, all the visits and get-togethers over the years. My parents have remodeled the house, though, so some things have changed. But the changes have all been superficial. We all look different, but we are, in many ways, the same people we were in high school despite our college degrees, extra weight, and receding hairlines!!

The kids are having a little bit of trouble getting back into the swing of things this year. We haven't started full schoolwork yet because P and I want to get some work done cleaning out the basement, etc. I'm not sure we're really ready to get going on Monday or if we're going to wait for a couple more days. It's pretty nice having P around the house this last week.

I had a wicked migraine on Thursday and ended up in my doctor's office for some shots. What a mess. I came home and slept, but then was so tired on Friday that I took an afternoon nap. It's hard to get anything done when you're sleeping all the time!!

Well, C has a friend here today. Two rambunctious boys in this house - EEK! Better go keep an eye on them!

No comments: