(I wrote most of this on Friday, but didn’t finish till Saturday. FYI.)
I really don’t feel like our week ends on Friday since the shop is open on Saturday and we often have a Saturday afternoon knitting class. I offered to have the kids do their schoolwork on Tuesday through Saturday, but they prefer the Monday through Friday schedule.
Halloween was on Monday, but our town’s trick-or-treat hours and Main Street BooFest were held on Sunday from 4-7pm. Unfortunately, I had a migraine, so I couldn’t go, but the kids and PWM dressed up and gave out candy at The Knitting Nest’s booth.
The shop is closed on Mondays, so that’s the day we do our errands and appointments. This week, I had a mammogram on Monday and then PWM and I both had eye appointments (and will both be getting new glasses). Low on fun, high on utility.
The rest of the week is eventful only for the fact that I had a migraine from Monday afternoon through Thursday. Yes, I was about to lose my mind! Thankfully, I’m feeling much better today.
What have the kids been up to?
- History – 1930s, Nazis, The Great Depression
- Writing – She starts her Research Paper workshop with WriteAtHome this week.
- Literature – She finished Brave New World.
- Science – Reading Healing at the Speed of Sound as well as working on her research paper.
- Music – Playing lots of piano and ocarina.
- History – We’re listening to The Three Musketeers and he’s been looking up various things online.
- Science – Watching a Teaching Company DVD set on Astronomy. Pretty cool so far.
- Literature – He’s been reading “fun books” since we’re listening to The Three Musketeers.
- Writing – Adding “dress-ups” to the paragraphs in his story.
- Music – Band, youth band
So, that’s it. Excitement level has been pretty low (until Saturday night and the LSU game – but more on that another time!)
See what others have been doing at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers!