For today’s 7 Quick Takes Friday, I decided I’d share some of our family’s Christmas traditions.
1. We have two cloth Advent calendars – one with a Nativity scene and the other a Christmas tree with candy. Each day, the kids take a stuffed item (with Velcro on the back) from the numbered pockets and put it onto the scene.
2. Last year, the kids and I made two gingerbread houses and we have decided to make it a tradition because we had so much fun!! This year, we are planning to do three houses – one for each of us!
3. Santa Claus gives each child one gift as well as filling everyone’s stockings with candy. The kids won’t take pictures with the big red guy anymore, though!
4. We wrap our presents well before Christmas, but we don’t put them under the tree until Christmas Eve.
5. We eat lots (dare I say too many?) of mint M&Ms this time of year!! It’s the only time of year that they are sold and I love them!!
6. We open one gift on Christmas Eve right after we read the Christmas story from Matthew or Luke.
7. The kids make a paper chain to put across the stairs Christmas Eve. No one can go down the stairs until we all go together!
So, what fun Christmas traditions does your family have? Check out other 7 Quick Takes Friday posts!!