Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The last few days have been quite a mixed bag. We seem to have lots of good and bad stuff happening, thankfully mostly small good and bad.

On Sunday, we lost a dear friend. He had a severe heart attack on Tuesday, so his passing wasn’t unexpected. We’ve been pretty stressed since last Tuesday, though. Even just not seeing Gary at church on Sunday was strange. Going on is going to be challenging.

Sunday night was the Wega-Fremont Choir’s Beggar’s Feast. This was a fund-raising dinner where we were entertained by the choir. Wild Man was not only part of the choir, but he sang a solo. It was a wonderful evening with great music!

Rosie Girl is in the middle of her two weeks of finals and the stresses that come with it. Not only that, but her car battery decided on Saturday morning that it doesn’t like frigid weather. Thankfully, the towing company got her jump-started. She’s been starting her car every day since then to help convince the battery that cold weather really isn’t that bad. Unfortunately, this afternoon, she got back to her dorm after driving around and needed to go back out and the car wouldn’t start again at all. The AAA will be coming in handy tomorrow morning when she gets it towed to the repair shop. Really bad timing for car trouble.

Apparently, car trouble is in the wind. I was backing out of the garage this afternoon and hit the edge of the garage and broke the plastic off the rear tail light. Yay. Soooooo, we get to have that fixed.

We are getting a new range!! Thanks to my parents, we are getting a gas stove/oven range later this week. I had almost forgotten that we have gas in this house, so I can have a gas stove!!! I love cooking on a gas stove! Hopefully, in a week or so, we’ll have it here and installed. Yes, I’m very excited.

We’re also excited that my parents will be spending Christmas with us. This also means a week of no cooking for me. I enjoy cooking, but my mom enjoys cooking for people more than I do, so I’ll take the time to knit more.

What’s up with you? How is your Christmas season shaping up?

No comments: